Our Short Review On Buying Durable Sandals
As we all know, the market is flooded with different kinds of footwear. You can find almost anything you want, from the casual flip flops to formal wingtips.
For travellers and outdoorsmen, one of the most popular types of footwear is the sandal. This type of footwear is preferred because it is usually lightweight, packable and breathable. There are also sandals that are water resistant or quick drying so they can be worn in and out of the water without taking them off. Perhaps another important quality of the sandal is durability.
Durability is important because some of these sandals are expensive. Durable sandals are also a good companion when you’re far away from home and only have that pair to depend on. You want to be able to do activities without worrying about your feet or your footwear. If you’re looking for sandals that are durable, you’re in the right page because we have a short guide and review of sandals that make good choices for your next adventure.
Salt Water Sandals by Hoy Shoe The Original Sandal
- 100% Leather.
- Scuff-resistant, water friendly genuine leather upper and lining allows feet to breathe.
- Hand-stitched, non-slip, molded rubber sole.
- Handcrafted using durable and high quality materials.
- Very durable, can last many years.
- Molds to your feet and very comfortable.
- Lightweight and dries quickly.
- Goes from beach to casual.
- A bit pricey.
- Lighter colors can fade over time.
- They use kid sizing which can be confusing.
Salt Water Sandals are very versatile and are great to wear for almost all types of occasions. This sandal is perfect for going to the beach, hanging out, travelling or pounding the pavement. It is made with 100% leather and is very durable. A pair can last years which makes them good value for money. It comes in many colors and different design so you can collect many pairs.
The Salt Water Sandal is an American classic. Each pair is made with hand-stitched non-slip molded rubber sole and water-friendly genuine leather. The buckles are rust-proof which makes them perfect to wear in and out of the water. However, there are things we don’t like such as the kid sizing. Adults can wear the sandals but the kid sizing makes it confusing. Light colored ones also tend to fade or become discolored over time. However, these are a good pair of durable sandals which will last a long time so they are considered as good buy.
ECCO Women’s Offroad Lite Sandal
- Nubuck leather for soft feel.
- Stretchable lining for comfortable fit and 3-point adjustability upper.
- Lightweight moulded EVA footbed with microfiber cover.
- PU midsole foam for long-lasting cushioning.
- Durable rubber outsole for outstanding grip and traction.
- Fits as expected.
- Lightweight with good traction and grip.
- Straps provide personalized fit.
- Good arch support.
- Nubuck can be hard to keep clean and maintain.
- Limited colors to choose from.
- Footbed is a dirt magnet.
ECCO is a Danish company with over 50 years of shoe making experience. Their Women’s Offroad Lite sandals are handcrafted using leather from their own tannery. This sandal is a good choice for women who love to spend time outdoors. It is made with soft Nubuck leather for elegance and breathability. But don’t let the Nubuck make you think that this is not an outdoor sandal. It features RECEPTOR technology for excellent stability and support. It also features Lightweight molded EVA footbed with soft microfiber cover and extra foam layer for outstanding cushion and comfort.
The sandals look very nice and feel very comfortable. They are best worn for walking on light terrain or for running errands. The footbed has good arch support so your feet don’t get tired quickly and the breathable Nubuck ensures that your feet don’t get too sweaty. While good for the outdoors, the Offroad is not a good sandal for water activities. Nubuck can’t get wet and if they do you need to let them dry thoroughly before using them to prevent deterioration. However, they are some of the best durable sandals for land use.
Skechers Women’s Reggae-Trailway Flip-slop Sandals Flop
- Thong design.
- Leather and textile upper with tribal detailing on upper.
- Slip-on construction with adjustable hook-and-loop closure for the perfect fit.
- Platform measures approximately 0.5.
- Very comfortable.
- Easy slip on and off.
- Cute colors.
- Good arch support.
- Toe loop can be uncomfortable for women with big toes.
- Doesn’t come in ½ sizing.
- Can feel narrow for women with wide feet.
Skechers has always been known to product durable and comfortable pairs of shoes and sandals and the Reggae-Trailway is all of those and more. This is a good choice of sandals especially if you’re going to be walking around all day. They are super comfortable and lightweight so you don’t feel tired in them. The leather upper looks good and elegant so it does not look like your typical flip flops.
Some of the things we don’t like about this durable sandal are the sizing, toe loop and the narrow width. While very comfortable and easy to put on and off, the toe loop can feel uncomfortable if you have big toes. The narrow width can also pose problem for women with wide feet. Also, it does not come in ½ sizes so you need to choose if you want to go up or down.
KEEN Men’s Daytona Sandal
- 100% Leather/Textile.
- Waterproof leather straps with bungee single-pull lacing system.
- Compression-molded EVA midsole.
- Hydrophobic mesh lining.
- Durable and comfortable.
- Easy lacing system for comfort fit.
- Good grippy soles for traction and stability.
- Versatile and easy to clean.
- Not so easy to put and or off.
- No toe protection for rough trails.
- Lack cushioning and arch support.
This is a durable sandal that is best suited for men who are looking for a breathable pair. The Daytona is open toed and strappy so your feet can breathe and feel comfortable all day long. The straps are waterproof leather so they can be rinsed off easily. It also features a bungee lace system so it’s easy to customize the fit of these sandals while the EVA mid-sole provide ample cushioning.
We say ample because while it is comfortable, it’s not enough for all-day wear. The shoe also lacks good arch support so you can expect your feet to get tired easily. The lacing system is great but the intricate strapping makes it hard to put on and off especially if you’re in a rush. They are also expensive. There are many alternatives that are just as durable but without the pricey tag.
Teva Men’s Hurricane XLT Sandal
- Nylon straps and lugged outsole.
- Rugged Durabrasion Rubber outsole for durability.
- EVA-foam midsole for lightweight cushioning.
- Nylon shank which stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain.
- Classic design.
- Comfortable and durable.
- Good arch support.
- Open design can leave your feet at risk.
- Straps can rub uncomfortably on your skin.
- Synthetic footbed can cause stink.
Teva Men’s Hurricane XLT Sandal has a simple but classic look. Teva uses quality materials for their sandals so this pair is durable. This is a good durable sandal choice if you’re looking for a pair that can be used in and out of the water. This Hurricane feels solid and secure with good traction so you feel safe in slippery surfaces. It’s also comfortable enough for all day walking.
If you’re planning to use this sandal on rough terrain, you need to be aware that it features an open design that can leave your feet vulnerable to debris. You also need to break these sandals because the straps can rub your skin raw when used out of the box. The footbed is synthetic which might cause a stink.
Durable sandals are worth the investment. However, don’t let the price be your guiding factor in choosing a sandal because there are many pricey pairs that do not last a long time.
When looking for a durable sandal, make sure that the manufacturer uses quality materials and expert craftsmanship to ensure that you’re getting value for money. Good materials, excellent craftsmanship ensures that the quality of the make is exceptional so you’re sure that the sandals are durable and will withstand various activities.
You also need to look up reviews of durable sandals. Reviews can give you a bird’s eye view of how people experienced this product so you can get an idea of what to expect. It can also help you manage expectations of a product so you know what to anticipate.
Durability is a good quality in a sandal. This is a key concern because people do not only want value for their money, they also want reliability. Durability also reduces waste because we are able to use the same sandal for a long time without replacing it.
The next time you buy a pair of sandals; don’t just let price and fashion dictate your choice. Make sure to include durability in the characteristics you’re looking for.
What do you think about our durable sandal choices? Do you think you will be trying any of them soon? Tell us by leaving your comments below.