Our Review Of The Best Men’s Water Sandals With Wide Width
Did you know that buying sandals that do not fit properly can cause serious damage to your feet?
Buying narrow sandals or small sizes can cause pain and cause blisters. They also cause bunions, blisters and affect your gait. This is why getting the correct measurement for your shoe size is important. But it’s not just the shoe size you want to get right. You also want the correct width so that your feet is comfortable.
Men and women need correct sizing and width for their shoe. They also need the right balance between fashion and comfort. This is why finding a pair of men’s water sandals with wide width is important. You don’t want blisters and pain to hinder your outdoor activity. Here are our recommendations for wide width water sandals for men.
Crocs Men’s Swiftwater Mesh Sandal
- Mesh Upper.
- Hook and loop closure.
- Water friendly material.
- Medium Width sizing available
- Water ready design and materials.
- Goes from street to water immediately.
- Quick drying and lightweight.
- Adjustable straps for comfort fit.
- Soles are a bit flimsy and not so supportive.
- Hard to put on and pull off.
- Not breathable.
The Swiftwater Sandal is for the outdoor enthusiast who knows how to have a good time. It features Croslite foam for all-day comfort, stretchable mesh-like uppers, hook-and-loop closure for easy on and off and man-made lining for all-day wear. The proprietary Croslite material produces soft, comfortable, lightweight, superior-gripping, non-marking and odor-resistant shoes. Best of all, the Swiftwater comes in wide sizes so men with wide feet have extra comfort.
Overall, this is a good sandal if you’re looking for something water-ready, lightweight and wide width. It’s comfortable enough to wear on the street, at the pool and for other outdoor activities. However, despite the Croslite outsoles, they still feel thin and flimsy. The all-around foot protection it provides also means that it’s hard to put on and pull off because it’s not a slip on sandal. It’s also not breathable so your feet can get hot while doing activities. Luciky, they are odor resistant.
Teva Men’s Hurricane XLT Sandal
- Nylon straps and lugged outsole.
- Rugged Durabrasion Rubber outsole for durability.
- EVA-foam midsole for lightweight cushioning.
- Nylon shank which stabilizes and supports your feet on uneven terrain.
- Lightweight and classic design.
- Quick drying and comfortable.
- Thick and stable soles.
- Water and nature ready.
- Straps can rub on your skin.
- Rubber soles can cause stinky feet.
- Good for water use but not for rough trails due to open design.
The Teva Hurricane XLT sports the classic outdoor sandals design that’s easy to put on and off. It also features a hook-n-loop adjustable closure system so that you can personalize the fit of your sandal. It also features a contoured drop-in EVA footbed to help cradle and support your feet while providing all day comfort. The soles are grippy to provide better traction and stability on wet and slippery surfaces. The straps are adjustable so it can accommodate men with wide feet.
The classic design of this sandal means that it is easy to put on and pull off. You can easily go from street to water and even trails with this pair of sandals. It is quick drying and comfortable enough for water sports. Overall, this is a good wide width water sandal for men. However, men who plan to use this for hiking in rough terrain need to be aware that the open design of the sandal can make your feet susceptible to sharp rocks and other debris.
Teva Men’s Katavi Outdoor Sandal
- Three adjustable hook-and-loop straps and rear pull-on loop.
- Nylon shank for stability.
- Durabrasion Rubber outsole.
- Suede and mesh upper for a casual look.
- Suede material for a more elegant look.
- Comfortable with good arch support.
- Adjustable straps accommodate wide feet.
- Grippy soles for better traction.
- Sole is made of synthetic material which can cause stink especially to sweaty feet.
- The Nubuck material is a dirt magnet and not quick drying.
- Sizing can run a bit bigger.
Like the Hurricane, the Katavi sports a classic sandal design. The main difference is the suede materials used. Surprisingly despite the materials, this sandal is actually more affordable compared to the Hurricane. It also features molded EVA midsole for cushioning, nylon shank for stability and Durabrasion Rubber outsole for better traction. The adjustable straps can accommodate feet with wide width.
The suede material of the sandal is not quick drying and quickly attracts dirt. They are durable and lightweight though and comfortable for all-day wear. While they can be used as a wide width water sandal for men, they are best suited for casual activities, errands around town, travelling and some light trekking.
New Balance Men’s Response Sandal
- 3-point adjustable upper with hook and loop closure.
- Lightweight EVA outsole.
- Rapid Rebound Comfort footbed.
- Synthetic PU upper with Lycra liner.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Grippy soles for better traction.
- Comfortable footbed.
- Adjustable straps for wide feet.
- No arch-support.
- Limited colors to choose from.
- Not true to size.
- A bit pricey.
New Balance’s Response Sandal is a good choice for wide width water sandal for men. The synthetic material means that its water ready so you can take it with you kayaking, fishing, swimming and even to the gym. It also has a rugged construction and is made with durable materials so it can easily handle outdoor activities like hiking and trekking. The footbed is comfortable and the open design of the sandal means that it is breathable.
However, these sandals are a bit on the pricey side. While New Balance is known for being durable, there are other pairs out there that offer the same features but without the extra cost. The Response can handle different surfaces easily but the lack of arch support can mean painful feet after walking around in them the whole day.
ATIKA Women’s Maya Trail Outdoor Water Shoes Sport Sandals
- Adjustable shock padding along the straps and sides.
- Neoprene padded inner lining prevents uncomfortable abrasion.
- Contoured footbed fits closely to the foot bottom.
- Removable rear strap so the sandal can be worn 2 ways.
- Velcro straps for personalized fit.
- Spacious footbed for wide feet.
- Lightweight and comfortable midsole.
- Good traction and support.
- Can be hard to put on and put off worn with rear strap.
- Limited color combos to choose from.
- Not quick drying (overnight only).
The Atika Maya Trail Outdoor Water Shoes is a good alternative to pricier pairs. It is within the affordable price range and offers the same features as more expensive brands such as compression EVA midsole, neoprene padded lining, shock padding on the straps and it can be worn 2 ways just by removing the rear strap. This sandal is also very comfortable and provides good traction so it’s a good buy.
This is a very good choice especially if you consider the price point. There are only a few things to dislike about this water sandal such as the limited color combos available and it can be hard to put on and off if worn with the rear strap. There is also a risk of losing the strap if you’re not careful. The sandal is also not very quick drying. It dries overnight after stuffing it with newspaper and other similar materials which can be inconvenient if you’re outdoors. However, it is still a good buy thanks to the other features mentioned above.
Choosing a pair of wide width water sandals for men is important if you plan to spend a lot of time in and out of the water. A good pair should be quick dry so that you’re comfortable not only on water but on land too. Width is also a big consideration for men especially those with wide feet. Discomfort can sour an experience quickly and can lead to poor feet health. Therefore a good pair of men’s water sandal wide width should have quick drying features and adjustability for personalized fit.
If you’re unsure about your sizing or of the width of your feet, you can have your feet professionally measured. Most manufacturers offer this service for free so you just need to visit one of their outlets to check if this service is available. Alternatively, you can also check the internet on how to measure your feet properly so you can enjoy proper sizing and appreciate the outdoors better.
Giving your feet the proper attention it deserves can increase your comfort levels and the right pair of sandals can make a big difference to your trip or adventure.
What do you think about our choices for wide width men’s water sandals? Do you think you will be buying any of our recommendations? Tell us by leaving your comments below.