Best Sports Sandals: A Short Products Review
Summer is almost here and soon the weather will be perfect for hiking, kayaking and swimming. For most of us, a sandal is not the first thing on our mind when we think of summer gear but these are some of the most important things. A sports sandal is the ideal foot wear for the season because it is perfect for rocky terrains, dirt paths and outdoor surfaces. A comfortable sports sandal has sneaker like qualities and is breathable.
If you don’t know what sports sandal to buy or where to start looking we have a list of some of the best sandals in the market.
Chaco Women’s Zcloud 2 Athletic Sandal
- Double-strapped polyester jacquard webbing upper.
- Injection-molded ladder lock buckle.
- Antimicrobial application for odor control.
- Women’s specific LUVSEAT dual-density PU midsole
- Comfortable arch support.
- Lots of cute designs.
- Easy to clean and quick drying.
- Versatile can be used for water sports, trekking or just walking.
- Sizes can run wide.
- Not ideal for flat footed individuals.
- Sole is thick but a bit stiff.
If you’re looking for a classic looking sandal with comfortable feel, look no further than the Chaco Women’s Zcloud 2 Athletic Sandal. Chaco’s cloud series features women’s specific LUVSEAT dual-density PU midsole not only to support your feet so you can do various activities properly but also for additional comfort. This pair also sports the custom adjustable strap system the fit is customized to your liking.
The performance Chacogrip rubber outsole feels very secure so you feel safe tackling dirt and even wet and slippery surfaces. Chaco Sandals are relatively pricier compared to other alternatives but they are worth the price thanks to the comfort and durability they provide.
KEEN Women’s Whisper Sandal
- Bungee lace capture system.
- Elastic cording which gives this sandal a secure fit.
- Hydrophobic mesh lining. Non-marking rubber outsole. Compression molded EVA midsole.
- Metatomical footbed design.
- Women specific fit.
- Comfortable and durable.
- Machine washable and easy to clean.
- Can be worn to river portaging, sidewalk walking and everything in between.
- Lots of cute color combinations to choose from.
- Fit can be narrow.
- Sizing can also run small.
Keen designed this pair specifically for women. They are not heavy and look slimmer than other sports sandals. Best of all, they are water friendly and quick-drying. The Keen Whisper Sandal features quick draw elastic cord lacing system so that you can adjust to a more comfortable fit. It also has a foot-cushioning EVA molded footbed so you can wear these sandals all day long. These sandals look cool and you can choose from different color combos.
This pair of sports sandals is very versatile. They can be worn while trekking and keeps your toes protected in rough terrain. They also sport deep lugs so you feel secure wearing them in wet or slippery surfaces. Even though they have are on the pricey range, their versatility makes up for it.
ATIKA AT-M107-BLK_Men 12 D(M) Men’s Sports Sandals Trail Outdoor Water Shoes 3Layer Toecap
- 3-layer front toe protection: Multi-layer Toecap protection.
- Mid hybrid toecap.
- Synthetic upper is extremely durable and has quick drying.
- Open strapping system for ventilation.
- Very affordable.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Good breathability.
- Only 2 other color variations.
- Outsoles are thick and needs breaking.
- Feels a bit heavy
This is a surprisingly well made sports sandal without the expensive price tag. Many users like these type of shoe because the comfort and look of the shoe can easily be compared to more expensive brands which is why many people are drawn to the ATIKA AT-M107 sports sandals. The materials are premium and they feel very comfortable. The toe caps keeps your piggies protected on rough terrain. They are versatile and can be used for everyday walking, trekking, camping and water sports.
The shoe however looks a bit bulky and feels heavy. They are more suited for street and outdoor wear rather than casual occasions. They run true to size so a pair will fit you perfectly.
Nike Tanjun Sandal Womens
- Neoprene upper with open toe design.
- Hook and loop closure.
- Smooth lining, cushioning footbed.
- Phylon injected midsole.
- Cute design with lots of variations to choose from.
- Very comfortable and breathable.
- Easy to put on and off.
- Durable and lightweight.
- Open toe design leaves toes unprotected during tough terrain.
- Lugs are not deep enough so you don’t feel very secure in slippery or wet surfaces.
- Only ideal for walking or casual use. Not very versatile.
If you’re looking for a cute sandal with a good brand name, the Nike Tanjun Sandal is a good choice. Nike has been making durable footwear for years so the Tanjun can take a beating. This product features Phylon injected midsoles for comfort so you can wear this every day. The hook and loop closure makes it easy to put on and off for your convenience.
Nike can be pricey so the same can be said for the Tanjun. While durable, this pair is not versatile. It’s cute enough for everyday wear but the open toe design leaves toes unprotected which can be dangerous in rough terrain. The lugs on the sandals are also not very deep so wearing them in slippery environment can be risky.
Teva Men’s M Hurricane 6 Sport Sandal
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain.
- Durable rugged Durabrasion rubber outsole for better traction.
- For multi-sport use.
- Minimalist classic design.
- Lightweight and versatile.
- Feels secure in wet terrain.
- Comfortable for all day wear.
- No toe protection which can leave them vulnerable in tough terrain.
- Straps can rub on the skin and feel uncomfortable.
- Sole feels thin
The Teva Hurricane ticks all the boxes when it comes to durability, sturdiness and comfort. It features nylon shanks to stabilize and support you in rough terrain. It’s a bit on the pricey side but Teva is known for manufacturing durable sports sandals so the Hurricane should last for years. This sport sandal is also true to size making it easier to order. It’s also versatile enough for different types of terrain.
However, this is an open-toe sandal. It leaves your toes unprotected, which is risky when terrain is hard or rough. It design also makes it easy for you to collect debris along the way which can be uncomfortable. The straps are also not padded so it can chafe on your skin making it painful to walk long distances especially if the sandals are not yet broken in.
Sports sandals are a good choice if you’re looking for versatile footwear. They have many different applications so finding a pair worth the investment is important especially because some of them are pricey.
If you’re in the market for a good pair of sports sandals you should look for something that is comfortable. Remember, you will be spending a lot of time wearing your sandals and you want to be comfortable while performing your activity. Nothing can sour an outdoor experience faster than blistered feet or poor arch-support. You’re in the wilderness and probably miles from help so you want something you can wear comfortably all day for the duration of your vacation or activity.
Second, you should find a pair that’s within your budget. More expensive pairs are usually more durable but that’s not always the case. If you plan on spending a lot of time outdoors or maybe you’re a regular hiker or water sports enthusiast, then you want a pair that’s not only affordable but durable too. Cheap pairs can cost less but buying a sport sandal every time they break can end up costing you more money.
Lastly, consider versatility. Cute pair is nice and they can go with many outfits but the purpose of the sports sandal is not only for looking cute. They are also there to provide stability and security in wet conditions. They also need to be comfortable enough for other activities like hiking, trekking on rough terrain and going to the market. If you’re going for a more expensive pair, better get a lot of use out of them.
Choosing a comfortable pair of sports sandals is not a very complicated chore. It can get overwhelming quickly because of the variety of products available in the market, but doing research on the kind of pair you need as well as reading online review can make choosing one easier. We hope that our choices will make it easier and quicker for you to choose a good sports sandal.